My husband and I

My husband and I

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

It is Well

It's always interesting to see how God works and to see the different things He uses to get someones attention. In this case, it was a combination of a recent devotion that I read (the Sept. 20th entry in Jesus Calling) and sign that a coworker asked me to paint.

I am that Type A, control freak, plan things to a T kinda person. I like things to go as I planned so that I can get my entire "To Do" list complete at the end of the day, otherwise, it was not a productive day. And I don't like unproductive time. But when something upsets that plan, I immediately get so frustrated. Yet, this devotion encouraged me to look at things from God's perspective and to learn to shrug off those petty annoyances. "If you shrug them off immediately and return your focus to Me, you will walk through your days with lighter steps and a joyful heart." 

The same day that I read that devotion, I began working on this sign and the song "It is Well" continually played in my head. So when those frustrations come up, I remind myself that "It is well with my Soul." 

For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. 

2 CORINTHIANS 4 : 17 – 18


No comments:

Post a Comment