My husband and I

My husband and I

Monday, August 4, 2014

Chalkboard Sign

I first saw a similar chalkboard sign in a small boutique store that I absolutely loved. Unfortunately, it came with a price tag of over $200! So I kept my eye out for frame that I could use. One trip to Good Will and $30 later, I had my picture.photo  The process of transferring it into beautiful chalkboard sign is rather simple. I used some gray paint and painted the edges. On top of the gray, I used some left over white paint. I sanded down some areas to give it more of a rustic distressed look. Next, I just use painters tape to tape off the edges and used chalkboard spray paint to cover the glass. I had to do a couple of coats to make sure I got good coverage. But for less than $35, I had my own sign.photo

No comments:

Post a Comment